When I think about a good, fulfilling breakfast 80% of the time I’m thinking about pancakes. I don’t know who invented it but from the bottom of my heart, thank you ! Pancakes can be eaten with pretty much anything : jam, chocolate spread, fruits, honey even if NOTHING can replace maple syrup to me.
In my opinion what makes an excellent pancake it’s its thickness that we all love. Let’s not forget that there is the word CAKE in pancake. And in order to achieve this good texture we shouldn’t overmix the dough. Just slightly to incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ones.
I tasted my share of pancakes, some tasteless, others flat and worse the ones that combined both. Until I found a good recipe.
I could have left things here, but a Sunday morning (yeah I know that so cliché sue me! ) I wanted to taste something new. So I asked my best friend Pinterest. And that’s when this recipe from Kristine’s Kitchen appeared. Pancakes, lemon and Greek yogurt in the same sentence? Those 3 ingredients I love so much separately, could only be incredible together. And you know what? The result was worth an article singing its praises. The texture? Perfectly thick ! The taste? More than present.
The lemon taste is subtle. And the Greek yogurt brings a good softness. Last but not least there is not a single drop of sugar, yes ma’am not one. Once you try it , you will understand why this recipe had been adopted, and it’s slowly replacing the old one but shh don’t tell it I said that…
Small details :
- I use a kitchen ladle and seized pancake pan.
- Those pancakes can be freeze easily. Wait for it to cool and put the pancakes in a freezer bag or a glass jar. Warm the pancakes in the micro wave for a little or in the pan.
Here’s the delicious Greek yogurt lemon pancakes recipe :
GREEK YOGURT LEMON PANCAKES.
- 3 bols : 1 small. 2 medium
- A whisk
- A pan
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour I used white all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- zest of 2 medium or 3 small lemons
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¾ cup milk whole milk is best
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt 2% or full fat
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest. Set aside.
- In a liquid measuring cup, stir together the lemon juice and milk. Set aside while you prepare the rest of the wet ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine Greek yogurt, eggs, honey, and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.
- Whisk in the milk-lemon juice mixture until smooth.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and, using a spoon, stir until barely combined. The batter will be very thick. Be very careful not to overmix. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat nonstick pan or griddle over medium heat; spray with cooking spray.
- Cook on the first side for 2-3 minutes, until bubbles begin to form. Flip and cook on the second side, 2-3 minutes more.
- Serve with fresh berries and maple syrup.
Thanks to Kristine’s Kitchen for the recipe & the inspiration for the pictures.