Fun fact : my best friend is jamaican. I can hear you thinking OK AND? Since I met her I have this desire to know more about this intriguing country. The culture but especially the food. I don’t know for you but to me it’s a good way to get closer to my friends. So be ready to see more recipes from Jamaica on here.
When one day I find myself with dying bananas, and was fed up with banana bread well I decided to give a shot to those banana fritters straight outta Jamaica. Evidently if it’s on my blog that only means it’s that good ! But at the same time which recipe with cinnamon isn’t ? It’s my youngest son new obsession, that his hands on the pictures. He’s a great kitchen clerk. The ripper the banana, the sweeter it will be.
Ok enough talk. Let’s welcome a little bit of Jamaica in our house with those banana fritters from My Forking Life.
Jamaican Banana Fritters
- A 10inch skillet
- A bowl
- A fork
- 3 ripes bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- Oil for frying
- In a bowl mash your bananas with a fork or a masher.
- Then add the brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and the pinch of salt. Put in the flour and stir with a spoon until everything is well combined.
- In a 10inch skillet on medium-high heat add the oil. Once it’s hot enough drop banana fritter batter by the spoonful. Wait until one side is golden and have bubbles appaear on top before flipping it on the other side. Cook the same way.
- Remove fritters and drain on paper towels. That’s it!
I hope you’ll enjoy this banana fritter recipe. If you try it you can tag me @arbajoma on Instagram.
Your comments are more than welcome, you can also share ! Thanks and likkle muore.