I know you are surely thinking that I’m waiting for the end of summer to share a ice cream recipe? And where was I during the heat weave ?Well mind you, during the heat weave I was glued to my electric fan ! But I’m sure when we’ll see the no churn chocolate ice cream recipe, you’ll find in yourself the strength to forgive me.
I think we all have in common our love for ice cream, including frozen yogourt. Strawberry, vanilla, pistachio nothing can beat one or two or three good scops of ice cream under a hot weather. Today we focus on chocolate, and let me tell you once you will taste homemade ice cream, you’ll have a hard time with store bought ice cream.
The taste isn’t the only thing that seduced me, but also the quickness and easiness of the recipe. With only 3 ingredients, a mold, an electric whip (or not) and a freezer (otherwise it doesn’t work) and hop it’s done. And you know when we are busy or in a rush that’s all we want : something quick and very delicious !
This great ice cream recipe came from Julie Blanner‘s culinary blog.
No Churn Chocolate Ice Cream
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder.
- In a large bowl whip the heavy cream until you see peaks form on the top. Be careful that the cream is truly whipped, it will helpthe ice cream to hold when it freezes.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and cacao powder. Blend in until everything is homogeneous.
- Put everything in a mold big enough, and freeze for several hours until solid.
So am I forgiven ? If you replied yes with a mouth full of chocolate ice cream, thank you ! Don’t forget to share, comment and tag me on Instagram @arbajoma.